The EHS runs on the volunteer energy of over 200 generous individuals every year. That energy is how we offer gardeners so many opportunities; that energy is what drives our community spirit.
Learn, grow, have fun, and get exercise while contributing to the beauty and quality of life in Edmonton.
Whether it is organizing a tour, sitting on the Board of Directors, planting flower beds or helping at a casino, our volunteers do it all… Why not get involved, today?
- Offer your knowledge and skills
- Bring new ideas
- Broaden your horizons
- Make new friends
- Get your hands dirty
We thank our volunteers in a variety of ways throughout the year, including Volunteer of the Month awards and an annual, fun, volunteer-appreciation event.
Depending on the time you have to offer, here are some of the many ways you can help and enjoy yourself.
If You Can Spare a Day or Two:
- Work at our Perennial Exchange
- Be a gatekeeper at one of the gardens on our Garden Tour, get a free ticket for the tour
- Help mulch our Centennial Garden
- Work at a casino
- Help at an EHS display table
- Offer your garden as an open garden
If You Have a Little More Time:
- Judge our Front Yards in Bloom nominees
- Help EHS City Gardeners maintain rose and perennial beds on the grounds of the Muttart Conservatory or join our Centennial Garden team
- Join on our newsletter committee
- Help organize our library
- Help with monthly meeting set-up and take down
If You Can Make a Longer Commitment:
Consider organizing and running one of our programs or sit on our Board of Directors.