The EHS runs on the volunteer energy of over 200 generous individuals every year. That energy is how we offer gardeners so many opportunities; that energy is what drives our community spirit.
Learn, grow, have fun, and get exercise while contributing to the beauty and quality of life in Edmonton.
Whether it is organizing a tour, sitting on the Board of Directors, planting flower beds or helping at a casino, our volunteers do it all… Why not get involved, today?
- Offer your knowledge and skills
- Bring new ideas
- Broaden your horizons
- Make new friends
- Get your hands dirty
We thank our volunteers in a variety of ways throughout the year.
Depending on the time you have to offer, here are some of the many ways you can help and enjoy yourself.
If You Can Spare a Day or Two:
- Work at our Perennial Exchange
- Be a gatekeeper at one of the gardens on our Garden Tour, get a free ticket for the tour
- Help mulch our Centennial Garden
- Work at a casino (only held every couple of years. Next one not until 2018 or 2019)
- Help at an EHS display table
- Offer your garden as an open garden
If You Have a Little More Time:
- Judge our Front Yards in Bloom nominees
- Help EHS City Gardeners maintain rose and perennial beds on the grounds of the Muttart Conservatory or join our Zoo Garden team
- Join on our newsletter committee
- Help organize our library
- Help with monthly meeting set-up and take down
If You Can Make a Longer Commitment:
Consider organizing and running one of our programs or sit on our Board of Directors.
There are opportunities for everyone!
For more information or to volunteer:
Email us using the Contact us form and select Volunteer from the subject list
Sign up at any of our monthly meetings.