Tomato Extravaganza! 2018: Tomato Competition
The tomato selection at greenhouses this year is endless as gardeners want something new and exciting to grow, to taste, and to talk about.
Tomato Extravaganza! will feature a Friendly Tomato Competition again this year at this Edmonton Horticultural Society event on September 3rd at The Enjoy Centre.
There are more categories this year so check them out:
- Heaviest tomato
- Most oddly formed tomato
- Most interesting group of 7 tomatoes
- Most tomatoes on one vine
- Best dressed/decorated tomato
- Judge’s Choice Best In Show
- Viewer’s Choice Best In Show
- No limit to the number of entries
- Judges rule except for Viewer’s Choice category
- 12:00 to 1:00 pm: Register your entries
- 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm: Judging and deliberation
- 2:30 pm: Deadline for Viewer’s Choice voting
- 3:00 pm: Awards
- 3:30 to 4:00 pm: Pick up of tomatoes (if desired)
Prizes: Prizes have been generously donated by Apache Seeds. Top prize will be awarded in each category.
A Whopper or a Brutus or a Belgium Giant tomato plant might be just what you need to win the heaviest tomato category and all the bragging rights! Feed your tomato plants and keep them well watered!
Follow the TE! website and watch for announcements on the competition.
Leiah will be the championing the tomato competition. Questions? Contact her through the Contact Us form and select Garden Competition from the drop-down list of subjects.
Here are some examples of entries to the Friendly Tomato Competition from the Tomato Extravaganza event in 2017: