Speaker’s Series Program
The Speaker’s Series Program generally begins work in the summer or fall of one year to fill a roster of speakers for the following year.
The Speaker’s Series Program Lead
Generally supported by a committee of 3 or 4 volunteers, this is a fun job for anyone who enjoys meeting and chatting with the experts. Year-round. Recruitment begins in summer of year prior.
- Arranging the speakers for nine monthly meetings
- Collecting a photo, bio, title and session description for each speaker
- Providing speaker information well in advance to Newsletter and Web site Chairs
- Advertising speaker evenings
- Arranging transportation and accommodation for out-of-town speakers
- Ensuring that speakers reflect the interests of the membership
- Informing Venue Manager of audio-visual needs for each meeting
- Being on hand to welcome speaker and assist them with set-up (or a committee member)
- Providing the Treasurer with information on honoraria or fees for each speaker prior to each meeting
- Providing a thank you card/gift for each speaker
Other Ways to Help
- Join the program and help the Program Lead by providing your suggestions, helping to contact speakers, and being on hand at meetings to greet speakers.!
- Send suggestions for interesting speakers to the committee.
For more information or to volunteer, please use the Contact us form and select Volunteer from the drop-down subject list.