The photography group is great for anyone with an interest in and experience with photography. Year-round, busiest from spring to fall.
The Photography Group Lead’s Duties include:
- Arranging for photographers to photograph EHS events and activities as needed
- Serving as Chair of the Photography group, by arranging fun and educational photo shoots and other activities.
- May need to maintain EHS photo archives by soliciting, collecting, cataloguing and storing photos of EHS events and activities, if no other member of committee is filling the role
- Provide photos for the Newsletter and the Website.
- Coordinate the Photo Competition if there is no other member available to do it.
Our annual photo competition has been well-supported in the past. This job usually begins in spring with the choosing of categories and early advertising and concludes at the end of September with the presentation of awards.
- establishing annual entry categories and reviewing rules and preparing the entry form
- ensuring that the program is advertised in the newsletter and on the Web site
- receiving entries
- arranging for judging
- attending to prizes and preparing a slide show of the winning photos
- awarding prizes at the Sept Awards evening
Other ways to be involved:
- Join the Photo Group and enjoy fun and informative photography outings and learn more about garden photography.
- Offer to help photograph EHS events and activities.
- Submit photos of EHS events and activities for the archives.
For more information or to volunteer, please use the Contact us form and select Volunteer from the drop-down subject list.