Open Gardens Program
This is another great and popular EHS member benefit! This position is active from May through September.
The Open Gardens Program Lead’s Duties include:
- Recruiting and scheduling gardens for visits on some Sundays in June, July and August
- Collecting addresses and descriptions of each garden for use in advertising
- Advertising to members in the newsletter, E-News and members’ only page of the Web site (when available)
- Providing the gardeners with signage
- Arranging for photos of the gardens for the EHS Photo Album and archive (may call on the Photography Coordinator for assistance)
- Thanking gardeners
Volunteer your garden!
Each year we aim to include a broad cross-section of gardens from the greater Edmonton area in our “Open Garden” Sundays from spring to fall. Opening your garden is a great way to meet other gardeners and chat about gardening. Consider opening your garden to EHS members one Sunday this year.
For more information or to volunteer, please use the Contact us form and select Volunteer from the drop-down subject list.