Garden Tour Program
The Garden Tour is a vital fundraiser for the EHS, and one of our most popular and prestigious events. If you love gardens, this is a fun job. Active period is March through July. A committee may be recruited to assist the Program Lead if desired.
The Program Lead’s duties include:
- Identifying, contacting, viewing and confirming 10-12 gardens (working from a list of some suggestions)
- Confirming ticket sales locations
- Preparing tickets (booklets with descriptions, map, addresses, etc)
- Providing the EHS Webmaster with updated information for the website and online ticket sales
- Advertising the tour
- Recruiting and managing volunteer gatekeepers for each garden
- Delivering signs and other supplies to each garden prior to the event
- Arranging for photos of the gardens for the EHS Photo Album and archive (may call on the Photography Coordinator for assistance)
- Collecting sales monies and submitting to Treasurer
- Thanking volunteers and reporting to the Board
Other volunteers required:
Two to three gatekeepers are needed at each garden to welcome visitors, check tickets, and support the homeowners. There are two shifts on each day of the Tour: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. This is truly one of the nicest volunteer jobs you can do! Spend a lovely morning or afternoon sitting in a beautiful garden, and all volunteers receive a free ticket to tour all the gardens! Volunteer early to avoid disappointment.
For more information or to volunteer, please use the Contact us form and select Volunteer from the drop-down subject list.